I think certain months (as a result of marketing) have come to hold a bit of pressure in certain ways. Take December for example; there’s Christmas, New Years’ Eve, and (in Thailand) Fathers Day, not to mention the inevitable ‘End of Year Crisis’ as I like to call it. So much happening in the one month. Everything is expected (and does) go out with a bang. Suddenly it’s January and you’re (I’m) left feeling depleted, like I somehow missed the mark. Didn’t get around to send Christmas cards, keeping on top of all those work commitments or managing to celebrate with your family? Yep, me neither.
Now it’s February and in a few days it’ll be Valentines Day, which I’m sure it’s being marketed like crazy in Australia and other parts of the world, luckily, it’s a bit more subtle where I am (actually, I’m writing this post from Penang, Malaysia – you can follow along on my Instagram) so I don’t feel as much pressure to make Valentines Day be, well, Valentines Day.
So, since we are approaching it, I thought I’d start up a new series on my blog.
Welcome to ‘Fridays In Love’ where I’ll either be sharing one of my clients’ love stories or writing in some way about love. 🙂 I’m sure it won’t turn out half as cliche as that sentence sounds, don’t worry!
I’m thinking of starting to add some quotes to my instagram… I love being inspired by words! If you see my pinterest I have a whole board of ‘words to live by’ which I add to almost daily ❤ This is one I read in the inspirational emails from The Universe (If you want to know what I’m talking about head over to www.tut.com and sign up) and it just resonated with me.. so I made an image out of it 😉 Let me know what you think… I’d love to add more if you guys like this! I have heaps of inspiring words printed out in my home + would love to share ? #quote #inspiringwords #wordstoliveby #samui #lovemore #adventure
I mentioned in my recent Instagram post above how much I love quotes and how reading a few words inspires me, so in honour of Valentines Day, I want to share with you (what I think are)…
10 of the best love quotes of all time!
You might have seen some of these floating around on my website already 🙂
1. “Lovers alone wear sunlight.” – E.E. Cummings (He’s my all-time favourite poet! Check him out if you haven’t heard of him, his poems are so colourful/happy/crazy. I came across him when I was studying English Lit in high school)
2. “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.” – A.A. Milne (This one resonates with me a lot because this is exactly how I felt the first time I met Nek.)
3. “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” – E.E. Cummings
4. “If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.” – Jane Austen
5. “I used to build dreams about you” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Brontë
7. “We were together. I forget the rest.” – Walt Whitman
8. “Because of you, I can feel myself slowly but surely becoming the me I have always dreamed of being.” -Tyler Knott Gregson
9. “A life without love is like a year without summer.” – This one’s a bit different, it’s a Swedish proverb.
10. “I love her, and that is the beginning of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
And… here’s a bonus one which I couldn’t leave out. 😀
11. “You are my sun, my moon and all of my stars.” – E.E. Cummings
Let me know what your favourite quotes are in the comments! I love finding new ones 🙂 What are your valentines day plans?